Digital TV

Page 2 of 2
digital tuner doesn't necessarily mean it is a hi def. Try this - by pass the cable box and tune in a non-premium channel that broadcasts HD. If the picture is better w/o the box, you are missing out. Your cable provider might swap your box for a HD box at no charge. Time Warner did for me and it made world of difference on my new HD set.

Connect directly to see if you have an picture quality loss My guess is you won't see a difference.
If you want better quality you have to go to a High Definition at about 4 or 5 times the cost. You may have to pay a higher price for your cable to get hi-def also.

Or look for #.# digital channel designations. If don't see multiple digital channels on each frequency, you haven't an ATSC tuner.