diffusing rain gutters?

anybody know about those gutters that diffuse the water at the edge of the roof (so you don't need a trough and downspout)? specifically do they work? how well can they handle heavy water flow?
I remember reading about them, but can't find much with google, which makes me think they may not work well

OK, troll, next question?
On Jun 13, 3:22 pm, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

heh. actually, not a troll I get all the gutter spam, too, but I don't follow this group closely enough to see why this is troll-like search function = nothing about this
On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:22:57 -0700, trader4 wrote:

Yes is there a toilet that you don't need to hook up to a waste pipe and the poop and pee and toilet paper just diffuses?
"homi" wrote

I've seen a couple of advertisements, with different configurations. I've never actually seen them on a structure.
Search Google for: Gutterless gutters
Here's one site that's listed. http://rainbreakerz.com/customer/home.php
I've never heard of this device you describe but it sounds like it would work very well - at pouring all the water on the ground at the base of your house where it will flood the basement.
-rev

Look up "rain handler"- I have them on my garage and they do divert the water but not far. Tom

-
homi wrote:

Yea I have seen them, but ... In most situations they are not a good idea.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

Yes, it's known as a fan. Just make sure you get something over 15,000 RPM like a jet turbine or something. That way you almost guarantee that all the diffused particles go out the other end and don't splatter on you.
Mike

They are good advertisers. They spill water around/near your foundation, promoting water damage, encouraging insects and fungus. Water should be carried at least 10 feet from the foundation--not even a typical splash block can do.

One of the main functions of gutters is to collect the water and allow you to divert the flow away from the house. The rainhandlers don't do that at all. Their claim that it essentially atomizes the droplets and disperse it over a wider area. This is not exactly accurate. The water stills lands fairly close to the building.
They also have a tendency to create several furrows in the soil under them, where no gutter at all would create just one.
Interesting idea - fails in application.