Different Crafstman Garage Door Opener problem

The other post about this opener reminded me of the problem my door's got. The trolley (I think that's what it is - the metal piece that slides along the overhead rail as the door moves) is just plain stuck. When the arm is attached to it, the motor can't budge it. I can't move it by hand either. It's stuck a couple of inches from the fully-closed position. How do I unstuck it?

Reply to
Michael Press

The rail is built from 2 or more pieces. Chances are the trolley is hung up on where part of the rail attaches there. You may have to unhook the trolley from the door and lower the rail so you can dismantle it there.

Reply to
Guy Noir - private eye

I guess I don't understand the problem, with the door disengaged does the trolley operate normally when you press the button?

Reply to
Ramcke545

No - with the door disengaged the motor makes a normal noise (not some "stuck" screech) but the chain does not move and the trolley doesn't move.

Reply to
Michael Press