Different Crafstman Garage Door Opener problem

The other post about this opener reminded me of the problem my door's got. The trolley (I think that's what it is - the metal piece that slides along the overhead rail as the door moves) is just plain stuck. When the arm is attached to it, the motor can't budge it. I can't move it by hand either. It's stuck a couple of inches from the fully-closed position. How do I unstuck it?

where part of the rail attaches there. You may have to unhook the trolley from the door and lower the rail so you can dismantle it there.

I guess I don't understand the problem, with the door disengaged does the trolley operate normally when you press the button?

No - with the door disengaged the motor makes a normal noise (not some "stuck" screech) but the chain does not move and the trolley doesn't move.