Difference in stucco materials...

A year or so ago I bought materials at Home Depot to re-stucco a section that I planned to fix due to insect damage. However, didn't get around to it for a while.

At the time, they had two kinds of stucco - one specified as "base/brown coat" and another as "finish coat" both from Quikrete.

I wanted to do another small section on a different wall that was experiencing some cracking but discovered they now only have 1 kind of stucco, Sakrete brand, that indicates it's for both base and finish coats. When mixed, it has a somewhat grainer texture than the Quikrete base coat material but seems to go on about the same. On the second, smaller area I'm using it for both scratch and brown coats. I'm waiting for the brown coats on both areas to cure, haven't applied any of the Quikrete "finish" material yet.

Curious if anyone is familiar with what the difference is between the Quikrete "base coat" material and the Sakrete one-for-both material?

Thanks

Reply to
Doc