Difference between Craftsman lawn sweepers?

There are two different 42" lawn sweepers on the Sears web site: Model# 24222 (Craftsman 42 in. High Speed Sweeper) and model #24237 (Craftsman 42 in. Tow Sweeper). The latter is $30 more than the former. I can't tell the difference between the two from the specifications. Is there something that I'm missing?

The links for the two pages are:

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance!!

Reply to
Ben

High Speed Sweeper: Craftsman Exclusive - 8.5 to 1 brush to wheel ratio - 70 percent more brush revoltion(sic) versus other brands, faster truning(sic) brushes = more sweeping action

Reply to
Mike Paulsen

after scrutinizing the descriptions, the only difference i can come up with is that the higher priced one weighs more and holds less. It does boast the gear ratio on the brush bar, so it makes you wonder if the other one is slower spinning.

Steve Barker

I don't know if Craftsman lawn care products are as terrible as the rest of the tools today but if they are I would avoid them like the plague. With that said there are many brands on the market that are higher quality and lower cost than the Sears crap. Shop around, you'll be glad you did.

Gordon Shumway

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Do you have any particular recommendations?

Reply to
Ben Lotto

The specs on the less expensive one gives the same wheel diameter and "brush to wheel ratio," so I would guess that the brushes spin at the same speed?

Reply to
Ben Lotto

Almost all, if not all, the sweepers I've seen are made by MTD and just get different colors and branding.

Reply to
Eric in North TX

Sounds about like the entry-level snow blowers sold at the big-boxes. You look at the stamped parts, and they mostly are identical.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Hey Ben, I got the most powerful Husqvarna backpack gasoline blower. Not cheap at $600, but it will move a 10-foot pile of leaves with ease. I have about 200 trees on my lot. I might be easier for a heavier guy, I'm 165# and it can knock me down if pointed at a wall. I use it in the summer to sweep the driveway, walks and street after mowing the lawn.

Reply to
Phisherman