difference between above/below ground pool pump

Who knows the difference between an above ground vs below ground pool pump? Yes, I know that for a above ground pump, the water must be above the pump. However, if I have an above ground pump [bought by accident], is there any way I can get it to work on a below ground pool? How about filling the tube with water? Will that work?

Reply to
Deodiaus

Lift=20 No a above ground pump design doesn't lend to lifting water to any = height=20 Must be below water level they have very little suction they push water=20 A lift of only 1' -2' will cut output and they are not self-priming. will reduce per-

Reply to
spud42

snipped-for-privacy@v15g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...

Reply to