Diesel Fuel in Heating Oil Furnace

Page 2 of 2

Little Marvel Mystery Oil huh? :-)
snipped-for-privacy@bariandadam.com wrote:

You can do this but unless you have prepaid why not just by on the open market at today's prices. I just bought 1000 gallons at 2.799/gal. Why pay the tax on road fue?
Most folks own their own fuel tank. So, it seems possible to get a different supplier to deliver fuel to the tank. And you're correct, that would avoid the road fuel taxes. What is a "road fue"?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Boden wrote:

HOT DANG! Ahm glad us hillbillies got natrle gase.
TDD

How do you do this? Is there a web site? I assume they deliver. I've always just called my local oil company, but I suspect I'm paying too much and I have no way of tracking the price, other than call them up and ask (and they seem somewhat reluctant to give the price out). Already bought my heating oil (at just about the worst time) but am now thinking a couple hundred gallons of kerosene wouldn't be a bad buy now.
Thanks
Dan
snipped-for-privacy@bariandadam.com wrote:

I wouldn't lock in a price unless it dropped with the price. Locking in to me is to prevent price increases not price decreases. If the price drops below the lock in price there is no reason at all they can't give you the lower price unless they are flat out criminals.
--
Claude Hopper :)

? ?
Claude Hopper wrote:

Ever understood a futures contract?
tell the airlines that.
ha ha ha is what they'd say. we wish..

snipped-for-privacy@bariandadam.com wrote:

Hi, Can't cancel the deal?
This subject has been discussed ad nausium, but usually the other way, using fuel oil in diesel engines. To recap, I contacted a number of oil companies regarding this, and according to what they say -- it will vary by locality. In some areas, mostly rural where there is a low density of buildings, the furnace oil "may" be identical to diesel fuel, in populated areas, where they can afford separate supply lines, there is a major difference between diesel and heating oil. Mostly the diesel is high quality oil with additives to ensure that the engine will run properly. In these areas the heating oil can be any old crap (my words) that meets the minimum specifications and will burn in a furnace.
The summary, diesel oil will work fine in your oil furnace, but in most cases it will cost more because it is a premium product. In your case it may be cheaper.