Die-cast toy truck

How should I attach headlights to the DIE-CAST cab of a 1952 Smith Miller toy truck?

Yes, but only one.
On Friday, June 8, 2012 1:34:13 PM UTC-7, DerbyDad03 wrote:

One? The truck originally had a headlight on each side of the hood; that adds up to two.

Oh, my mistake, I must have been thinking of a different truck.
Use two, but center them on the roof so they'll shine farther. Point one forward and one backward.
Use Velcro so you remove them you go through the car wash.
I'm talking about a TOY TRUCK (no car washes)
How do I bond die-cast parts?

Epoxy.
--
Tegger

Thanks.
I'm re-furbishing a previously-painted 1952 SMITH MILLER ''L'' MACK MOBIL GAS TANKER (example: http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/6199104 )
I"ve removed all of the components and stripped off all the paint.
I've ordered the Mack bulldog hood-ornament, two headlights and the decals. The only thing still missing is the aluminum walkway that goes along the top of the wooden tank; if I can't locate one, I may need to fabricate it.

You trying to be American Restorations:)????

My father gave me the truck in 1952 when I was only 4 years old but I can't remember playing with it. About 40 years ago, I slopped red paint over the entire truck (except for the tires and axles). Since then, the truck has been in an open wooden toybox in my garage where it got quite knocked-around and scratched. A couple of weeks ago, I was cleaning out my garage and I found the truck so I decided to re- furbish it.

Nice job!
You should be proud.
Sure looks better than this one which the owner is calling "fair to good". I wouldn't!
http://www.vectis.co.uk/Page/ViewLot.aspx?name=Unboxed |Dinky%20Toys&LotId=370832

While in the toy box, it suffered quite of few dings, dents, scratches, etc. and several parts were lost.

red paint I had applied plus the original red paint and the mustard-yellow primer; sanded down the wooden tank; and got the body down to bare metal.

“like-new” condition so I ordered all of the missing parts: the Mack bulldog hood-ornament; two headlights; the aluminum walkway along the top of the tank; and the decals.

red” paint. But I didn’t like the brush-marks nor the red color so I stripped off the primer and the paint and SPRAYED on a brown primer and a “regal red” paint. (It looks much better). I then installed the wheels, the hood ornament, the headlights, the aluminum walkway and the decal.

EXCELLENT!!