Did Richard Trethewey change his name?

I was watching the DIY network the other day and they were running a commercial for the new season of Ask This Old House.
The announcer claims that one of the experts is Richard Treth-Away instead of the familiar Richard Tra-Thu-E.
I'm guessing the announcer is not a DIYer.

I don't know about the name thing, but on early episodes he used to pronounce "bath" as "both". I wonder if they asked him to change it or if he did it on his own.

VO copy is not typically written by VO talent, and it typically includes pronunciation cues to the extent that phone numbers are often spelled out so the talent doesn't read it as "Call one hundred (and) twenty three dash 4 thousand (and) five hundred (and) sixty-seven"... and the recording "engineer" (if it isn't the talent) doesn't miss it.
I had VO talent pronounce Camaro- Ca-mare-ee-oo, and Mercedes Benz- Mercedes Benzee. -----
- gpsman

VO copy is not typically written by VO talent, and it typically includes pronunciation cues to the extent that phone numbers are often spelled out so the talent doesn't read it as "Call one hundred (and) twenty three dash 4 thousand (and) five hundred (and) sixty-seven"... and the recording "engineer" (if it isn't the talent) doesn't miss it.
I had VO talent pronounce Camaro- Ca-mare-ee-oo, and Mercedes Benz- Mercedes Benzee.
I once heard someone reading a cue card say "We've been MIZZLED!" when she
meant to say "We've been misled!"

You mean MIZZELD...?
I hear con-tra-bute-ded for contributed too often. -----
- gpsman

on the this old house has anyone seen their news series THIS NEW HOUSE?
Its really good and Amy M is easy on the eyes....
Plus any design that nearly elminates heating bills in Maine is great:)
Has anyone ever met any of the cast not at a paid event?
I do wonder if someone stumbled onto Rich if he would be friendly or try to escape?
On 4/1/2011 5:01 PM, bob haller wrote:

As long as you didn't back him into a corner, you'd probably be okay.
But seriously- I have run across a few famous and semi-famous people out in the wild, without their handlers. I'd just smile and nod, and they would smile and nod back. I'd never dream of getting in their personal space waiting in line at the airport, or in a diner, or (heaven forbid) in the men's room. Everyone deserves the chance to get through their day with as little hassle as possible. I've seen some of these same celebs when the horde does descend on them, and most seem to have a canned routine they go into, but you can tell the smiles are forced at times.
--
aem sends...

We have a few celebs in this area and two private schools that bring in a few more as visitors because their kids attend them. Most are pretty good and are not bothered by the locals. Once in a while one will think they are special though. When my daughter was of dating age, she went out with a couple of kids from the school. every once in a while a limo or big Mercedes would pull into the driveway and she would say I'm going for pizza with XXX family. To the kids, it was just pizza.
Who is he?

Plumbing "expert" on This Old House.
-- Bobby G.

...and Ask This Old House and Inside This Old House.

<...and Ask This Old House and Inside This Old House.>
This Old House Hour, Under this Old House, Next Door to This Old House, Around the Corner from This Old House, Inheriting This Old House, Don't Ask/Don't Tell this Old House . . . Where will it all end?
You've been gone for months, DD. Building another racer?
-- Bobby G.

Home and work has been ridiculously busy over the past year, so my spare time is really limited.
I'm still involved with Sap Box from an "expert" perspective i.e. helping other families and the local organization, building parts, etc. but no longer racing. My last driver has aged-out and is heading off to college in the fall. I may still go to Akron for the World Championship race in July, but it'll just be to help tune up our local cars.
My youngest is a captain/center fielder on the Varsity softball team, so now I spent more time coaching on the diamond than on the track.
I'll be sending you an email real soon about the X10 stuff.
wrote in message

You mean MIZZELD...?
I hear con-tra-bute-ded for contributed too often.
====================================== Yeah, damnit, that's what I meant to write but I am going to claim "good enough" because you got it!
-- Bobby G.

Regardless of who wrote it, read it or recorded it, *somebody* should have been responsible for making sure the pronunciation was correct before it was aired.