Did anyone try HireContractor.com

Just want to get your feedback on http://HireContractor.com . Did anyone try it out. Is it useful? Let me know any feedback you may have.
Thanks Sam
we all assume you are a spammer
On 10/26/13 12:47 PM, Frank wrote:

He could at least tell a fable about that site saving his butt in a dire emergency. Aesop, he isn't.
On 10/26/2013 01:43 PM, Sam Goodman wrote:

Is that you Siva?
Registrant: Siva Gowravaram 38 Valleywood Dr Somerset, NJ 08873 US Domain Name: HIRECONTRACTOR.COM Registrar: TIERRANET INC. D/B/A DOMAINDISCOVER Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact: Siva Gowravaram 38 Valleywood Dr Somerset, NJ 08873 US (732)828-7482 (732)766-5432 [fax] snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Domain created on 24-Jun-2005 Domain expires on 24-Jun-2014 Last updated on 06-Jun-2013
On Saturday, October 26, 2013 5:19:02 PM UTC-4, Anonymouse wrote:

I am not sure who is asking as you are anonymous!! but i work for him.
On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 10:43:37 -0700 (PDT), Sam Goodman

No but I've tried Angie's list. I suspect they are all going to suffer from the same problem I see with Angie's list. When it first starts it sort of works but the more successful it becomes the greater the number of companies listed and the more likely it is that most of the reviews are just plants by fake customers. The last time I used angie's list I found an AC repair/contractor who got good reviews but after having them out I discovered they were WAY overpriced inspite of the many reviews saying how "reasonable" their charges were. They were close to double what "normal" was.
The other problem I found with angies list was that once people got a company on the list it never went away even if it had gone out of business. So you wind up with a list of 60 companies, half of them with fake reviews, a quarter of them out of business, and in the end no real way to tell a good one from a bad one because almost all the ratings regress toward the mean.
On Saturday, October 26, 2013 6:28:29 PM UTC-4, Ashton Crusher wrote:

try it out. Is it useful? Let me know any feedback you may have.

Thank you. Your feedback is quite useful. Just FYI, i work for http://HireC ontractor.com. We want to be more than a website that provides leads or rat ings or reviews. We openly show the project leads posted on our site. Take a look at the latest project "Renovate house" posted with a floor plan incl uded. Our intention is to be really useful to contractors and buyers(home or property owners) where contractors get continuous stream of projects and buyers get their work done, but its not easy to get this working. Hence th e request for feedback.

Sam-
You have an impressive website. Perhaps in time it could be useful if it becomes more populated by contractors around the country.
I tried a simple search for a door & window contractor. (I found the topic near the bottom of the list under "window" rather than near the top under "door"!) The only one listed was about 150 miles away.
Two things bother me:
1. At the opening page, there is an invitation for contractors to join your premium partner network. Obviously this would result in contractors buying preferred listings regardless of their quality. This may be where you get your revenue, but it reduces the value of your listings.
2. For full access, it is required that one register. If I find contractors that do what I need, I will contact them directly. I have no need to request a quote from someone who has not seen the job in person. I do not need to be on any more mailing lists!
Fred