Diamond Point Bit Set - worth having?

On my occasional stomps into Harbor Freight I've noticed a few different Diamond Point Bit Sets and bought a set yesterday. I have a cheap dremel tool (B&D), and figure eventually I'll be glad I got the set. 20 piece, various tips for $8. Is this really a waste of $, or are these quite useful? What is your experience? What are they useful for? TIA.
Dan
Dan_Musicant writes:

Cutting or sharpening materials too hard for ordinary bits. Vitrified ceramics, carbide tools, etc.
:Dan_Musicant writes: : :> What are they useful for? : :Cutting or sharpening materials too hard for ordinary bits. Vitrified :ceramics, carbide tools, etc.
OK, so I can maybe use these bits to resharpen my tungsten carbide drill bits? I don't imagine I could sharpen a TC circle saw blade.
What are vitrified ceramics?
Are there any other uses?
Dan_Musicant writes:

Sharpening is not just removing material, but maintaing a critical geometry. Masonry drill bits are feasible to hand sharpen with diamond wheels, since they have a very simple cutting point geometry. But twist drill bits require a lot of skill to hand sharpen. Saw blade teeth require very accurate angles and consistent spacing to get a decent result; they're so cheap as to be hardly worth the effort.
Dan_Musicant wrote:

I bought the same set from HF last year and have been well satisfied with them. I've used them to drill through bath tile for installing safety grab bars, taking out old window putty when reglazing, and various hobby craft projects. Well worth the price.
Bob
: :Dan_Musicant wrote: :> On my occasional stomps into Harbor Freight I've noticed a few different :> Diamond Point Bit Sets and bought a set yesterday. I have a cheap dremel :> tool (B&D), and figure eventually I'll be glad I got the set. 20 piece, :> various tips for $8. Is this really a waste of $, or are these quite :> useful? What is your experience? What are they useful for? TIA. :> :> Dan : :I bought the same set from HF last year and have been well satisfied :with them. I've used them to drill through bath tile for installing :safety grab bars, taking out old window putty when reglazing, and :various hobby craft projects. Well worth the price. : :Bob
Thanks. I figure I'll find uses for them now and again. I thought of one today. I have a mug that was manufactured in a factory. I use it all the time (coffee), but it has a little ridge on the handle. I tried smoothing it off with a stone, but it wasn't too successful. the diamond bits are perfect for that - it's a glass mug.
Dan