DHW therm stops heating

Hi. I have a problem in my new house. It's a 'standard' gas boiler feeding the heating and a DHW tank. There's a 3-way solenoid valve on the exit from boiler to control flow to DHW, CH or both. There was a DHW tank thermostat fitted but no cable. The input for the thermo, in the controller panel, has been bypassed so that DHW is heated to the same temp as CH water, ie too hot for me. The problem is that, when I wired the DHW thermo back in, when it reaches the set temp the hot water cuts off as expected but so does the CH. Is this down to the way the programmer and controller panel have been installed? The panel has a number of wires around the edge, some of which have been clipped. I assume they are left intact/clipped to select various options during installation. I don't have instructions to decipher though. Thanks.

Reply to
jashton

UK? Post to this group, if you haven't:

UK.D-I-Y