DHS seizes Land Rover over EPA regulations

Page 2 of 2

ya mean like all the illegals that are coming across the border? You think 40 land rovers are more important? I'd say your priorities are a little fucked up
On 08/02/2014 02:10 AM, ChairMan wrote:

The illegal immigration problem started back in 1492. It's a little late to stop it now, don't ya think?

Thanks. I also prefer to read a hundred words rather than watch a video.
On 08/01/2014 04:09 PM, Oren wrote:

She's lucky the US Gestapo didn't smash her face into the pavement while they stole her wheels from her.
But don't let her pretty face and charming demeanour fool you, any God fearin' Republican patriot can see she's a terrorist!
You're either with us or against us.
George W Butch wrote:

Hmmm, EPA regulation and DHS? I don't get it.
On 8/1/2014 4:09 PM, Oren wrote:

Truth be told, most piston engined aircraft run on 100LL Avgas that still contains lead and pollutes the air far more than a Land Rover.
Why isn't the DHS confiscating aircraft too?
Is it because aircraft tend to be owned by wealthy influential people?
On Friday, August 1, 2014 6:16:02 PM UTC-4, Sky King wrote:

It's almost surely because those aircraft were not subject to the EPA emission rules for cars, were not brought here illegally, etc. Not saying that it makes sense for a bunch of storm troopers to show up and take the auto, without even an explanation of exactly why. The owner claims the warrant was sealed and it was related to an owner 4 transactions removed. You would think the US govt would have far bigger priorities to be focusing on than 1985 vintage cars.
On 8/1/2014 4:09 PM, Oren wrote:

So, as it turns out, this Land Rover vehicle was illegally imported (smuggled?) into this country?
So Foxnews fucked up yet another news story by failing to deliver all the facts?
On Friday, August 1, 2014 8:51:02 PM UTC-4, Bob wrote:

We don't know the facts because the govt won't tell us the facts. If you watch the video, the woman says she asked why they were taking the car and the agents told her the case was sealed, they were not sure, but they think it was over the clean air act. So, AFAIK, beyond that eye witness statement, there isn't much else on the record. If you have some credible info, I'm sure we'd all like to see it. And even if it is over the cars being illegally imported, do you think that justifies going to an owner's house who bought the car off of Ebay and is four owners removed from the illegal importer, with 6 vehicles full of agents in bullet proof jackets? Is that your America?
trader_4 wrote:

What a great way to further subjugate the people ...
There , fixed that for ya .
--
Snag

Noit at all. Most likely imported by russian or chinese mobsters - not Brits

an Obama would understand that? :)
On Saturday, August 2, 2014 4:24:47 PM UTC-4, Pico Rico wrote:

Obama gets along well with russian mobsters. He adores Putin for example. And he won't call him out, tell the world that Putin is really a thug, who with his mobster buddies has looted the Russian people of most of their wealth and put it in their own pockets. No Reagan evil empire speeches, that could help start some trouble at home for Putin. Even when planes get shot down, Obama reacts clinically, like a dentist speaking to his assistant, about a cavity in a patients mouth. The only really tough, harsh, viceral words Obama has are strictly reserved for the Republicans. Funny thing, that. Have you noticed?
notbob posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

Leave it to Beaver...
Ward, you were a little rough on the Beaver last night.
--
Tekkie

On 8/3/2014 4:05 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

Confiscated his bicycle and everything! He's upstairs crying, now.
--
.
Christopher A. Young