Devcon Blue Threadlocker

I used a new tube of this locktite a week ago and spilled it on plastic, it is still liqued, how can it work since it hasnt cured, doesnt Blue locktite cure hard? Is my tube a defect or old.

Reply to
ransley

It does not cure until oxygen is not present or it would harden in the tube...

MikeB

Reply to
bq340

Where is Oxygen not present. So do I ship it to Nasa for a space ride, that makes no sense, locktite use is common on earth.

Reply to
ransley

Between the threads & nut? Or as a test- squeeze all the air out of the tube & put the cap back on.

MikeB

Reply to
bq340

Thats tight, it's whats called an 'anaerobic' adhesive.

See here:

and here:

Erik

Reply to
Erik

But if air is in one end of the tube, is there oxygen at the other end?

I don't know how this stuff works.

Reply to
mm

I called Devcon, they said it wont work on plastic so that is why the tube opens, its metal to metal with pressure with no new air as in a thread.

Reply to
ransley

Great. From the horse's mouth.

Reply to