Devcon Blue Threadlocker

I used a new tube of this locktite a week ago and spilled it on plastic, it is still liqued, how can it work since it hasnt cured, doesnt Blue locktite cure hard? Is my tube a defect or old.
ransley wrote:

It does not cure until oxygen is not present or it would harden in the tube...
MikeB

Where is Oxygen not present. So do I ship it to Nasa for a space ride, that makes no sense, locktite use is common on earth.
ransley wrote:

Between the threads & nut? Or as a test- squeeze all the air out of the tube & put the cap back on.
MikeB

But if air is in one end of the tube, is there oxygen at the other end?
I don't know how this stuff works.

I called Devcon, they said it wont work on plastic so that is why the tube opens, its metal to metal with pressure with no new air as in a thread.
On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 16:56:19 -0800 (PST), ransley

Great. From the horse's mouth.

Thats tight, it's whats called an 'anaerobic' adhesive.
See here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaerobic
and here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loctite