Detroit homeowner forced to share place with squatter

That's correct. I did answer your question so maybe you don't understand the answer or don't understand how Texas law works?? In essence you don't file a repossession because it's not a foreclosure process but you are trying to get the squatter out of your home.

Reply to
Doug

Let me just add that initially I talked to an attorney about the illegal sale and he told me to do just an eviction to remove the squatter. There was no sale because it was illegal to begin with (as determined by the closing papers).

Hope this answers your question. If not, then I can't help you.

Reply to
Doug

How about charge the perp with burglary?

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Good question I hadn't thought of. I should have had you as my lawyer !!!

Reply to
Doug

We'll file burglary charges tomorrow morning, and have the local PD arrest him.

.

Good question I hadn't thought of. I should have had you as my lawyer !!!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

No, you answered a *completely* different question. You sold the home, dummy! You were no longer the owner.

Reply to
krw

Correct it was. There is a new law out making squatting a criminal offence.

harry

That's still true in the UK with regard to land. So if you "occupy" the land it can become yours in twelve years I think it is. There is a move to register the possession/owners of all land in the UK now which will stop all this.

Reply to
harry

It depends on whether you can show they forced an entry in the UK. Or did.

Reply to
harry

There's more to the story but I'm not going to waste my time NOW !

Reply to
Doug

Then you wasted everyone else's time with the story (lies) you did tell. Figures.

Reply to
krw

That would be a bad move, because it may not BE a burglary.

"Burglary" is the unlawful entering of a building with the intent to commit a crime, usually theft. Simple trespass is not usually a criminal offense.

Reply to
HeyBub

Yeah okay...

Reply to
Doug

HeyBub, don't worry ..... I got the squatter out and sold the house since but appreciate your help. This all took place years ago.

Reply to
Doug

rote:

Just consider the source. More and more Krw is looking like a common garden variety troll.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K