Detroit homeowner forced to share place with squatter

Page 2 of 2
How about charge the perp with burglary?

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 09:53:50 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Good question I hadn't thought of. I should have had you as my lawyer !!!
We'll file burglary charges tomorrow morning, and have the local PD arrest him.

had you as my lawyer !!!
Doug wrote:

That would be a bad move, because it may not BE a burglary.
"Burglary" is the unlawful entering of a building with the intent to commit a crime, usually theft. Simple trespass is not usually a criminal offense.

HeyBub, don't worry <g>..... I got the squatter out and sold the house since but appreciate your help. This all took place years ago.
On Oct 15, 2:55pm, "Stormin Mormon"

It depends on whether you can show they forced an entry in the UK. Or did.

No, you answered a *completely* different question. You sold the home, dummy! You were no longer the owner. <sheesh>
On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 13:22:16 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

There's more to the story but I'm not going to waste my time NOW !

Then you wasted everyone else's time with the story (lies) you did tell. Figures.
On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 09:30:19 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Yeah okay...

m> wrote:

com> wrote:

Just consider the source. More and more Krw is looking like a common garden variety troll.
Harry K
On 10/11/2012 5:19 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/detroit-homeowner-forced-share-place-squatter-article-1.1180705#ixzz291mPQkTW
we live in. When my wife's dad was put into a nursing home, she asked at the local village hall (west of Chicago suburb) about leaving the house empty. They told her that she should not leave it for more than 5 months, even though she was paying the utilities and tax bill and keeping up the property! Go figure.

I agree. I wonder what the snow birds do with their winter homes?

Put wheels under it and drive to Florida...

What was their reason? I can think of a number of reasons why you shouldn't (we are, out of necessity) but none of them because of possession rights.