Determining model number of freezer

We got a Signature 15 Deluxe upright freezer from freecycle.org.

It is missing one internal moveable shelf, the lower door shelf, and the kick plate. Also the door seal is crudy and I would like to replace it. The plate with a model/serial number is not to be found - and we have looked in every possible location.

Is there a way to determine the model number so parts can be ordered?

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

Considering all the parts you need, it may be cheaper to buy a new freezer Try

IIRC, they have a "helper" to find model numbers.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I need movable one shelf, the plastic guard to make the bottom shelf on the door usuable, and the door seal trim. The kick plate is optional. A new upright freezer of equivalent size would easily cost $800. I know I could get a chest freezer for less, but I have one. Unfortunately it's not useable to me since I've had two back operations and find it painful to bend.

Their "helper" shows you locations to check. I have done that and more. The plate is missing.

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

Is the shelf you need identical to one of the existing ones? If so, take a shelf to an appliance parts store, along with as much information as you have. The place I deal with has illustrations on their parts computer. A knowledgeable person might be able to match up what you need.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

An 11 cu ft is about $450. A 20 cu ft about $550

The price of you parts will probably astonish you. The cost of operation of an older model will be $120 to $170 a year more than a new one.

It's your money, your decision. Just not the bargain you may think you have.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Post a picture, perhaps someone will recognize it. Look for markings on other parts like the compressor, thermostat or ice maker to ID the maker.

You can get generic door seal kits which you need to cut to fit but a preformed one for your model should be available at an appliance parts shop. Often parts from several brands are interchangable, talk to the guy at the counter (see yellow pages to find him), he is a valuable resource.

Name plates are usually behind the kick plate, there is no reason for someone to have removed it.

The other parts will be much more expensive (not being normal wear parts like door seals and thermostats etc). You may be able to make something out of plexyglass or find another similar fridge going to the dump. Sometimes a local appliance store will need to trash their customer's old fridge and will save a part for you if you ask nicely.

Reply to
PipeDown