Detecting gas leaks

We recently had an incident where someone in our home was cleaning the stove and accidentally turned on a burner (gas only, no flame). Luckily someone was around and awake to smell the gas, turn it off and air out the house. But this got me extremely worried. Is there some type of detector you can buy that will detect a gas leak? A CO detector will only detect incompletely combustion, not natural gas in the air.
On 02/04/2011 09:29 PM, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I have a CO detector that also detects gas leaks. I've inadvertantly set it off while spray painting in the basement, so it does do a pretty good job of sniffing hydrocarbons. I can't remember who made it ATM.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Safe-T-Alert makes them and I'm sure several others do too:
http://www.safehomeproducts.com/shp2/sc/shopexd.aspx?id 13&PLC=1&GFMA&referer=http://www.safehomeproducts.com/shp2/product/safe-t-alert-propane-natural-gas-alarm-120v/natural-gas-and-propane-alarms-home-and-business/1013/1013.aspx&EOR=x&ESR=2&dir=shp2&b 3c&w24&hT6&f=N&tp999&frompg&topg&menupage=0
On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 18:29:47 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Here is the way NOT to check fuel level. http://www.streetfire.net/video/check-this-out_149395.htm