detect the laser from my laser level?

I now have several versions of the laser level that I tend to use more than I probably should, however recently I tried to use my 360 rotating laser level to landscape my yard and I couldn't see the laser outside. I tried the rest of my laser levels with basically the same result. So now I've looked at those expensive $600 + kits that have a laser detector that beeps or something when the laser hits it. Does anyone know where to buy just the detector for outside use?

Reply to
HotRod

While not many stores may still have them, look for a "string bubble level"

No they are not really techie-cool, but they work. don't need batteries, and were under $5.00.

AMUN

Reply to
Amun

Paint the inside wall of a fairly deep, narrow tin can (something like 3" X

12") with flat black paint, then the inside bottom with flat white. The flat white paint prevents scattering of the line, reflection back into your eyes, and the black suppresses daylight glare onto the white. From my description you should see how it works.
Reply to
PanHandler

Work at night and save the money

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

set your grade stakes at dusk?

Reply to
rider89

Red-tinted lenses also help.

Reply to
M.Paul

OK I'll try and answer your question. Home Depot had one I believe that will do that.

The one I had for work was $2,500.00 but we bought it from a Laser Surveying repair shop and store. The kind that sells $185.00 to $250.00 vests for surveyers.

Reply to
On My Way