Desqueaking Floors

Hi,
We are having new carpeting put in this week so I am taking advantage to remove as many squeaks from the floor as possible. I will put 2 1/2" screws in where ever I can find a squeak. Otherwise, is there anything else can I do as long as the carpet is up?
Thanks, Gary
I did that two months ago, and it worked fine. The squeeking was terrible, and it is gone now. Apparently they simply missed a few joists the first time around.
snipped-for-privacy@charter.net says...

floor plywood rubbing together. Concentrate your efforts there.
--
Mark

The truth as I perceive it to be.
says...

You might as well do the whole floor instead of concentrating on where the sqeaks are today. It's a good bet that after the carpet is down, you'll get another one.
--
Jim Sullivan
seattle, washington