Desperately need help: Woodstain over old Varnish won't dry!

Apparently not:

"For application to bare wood" is what it says on the website.

If you simply cleaned the floor, then you were applying the stain on top of the finish coat (polyurethane) which will NOT accept the stain.

Reply to
Chris Merrill

nospambob

Mike G. is entirely correct (as usual!). Do it right. Having just recently redone the bathroom floor in my place, (it was CARPETED wall-to-wall!) I can only say take time enough to do it permanently and correctly. In my case, the damn carpet even covered the baseboards!

Were I in your shoes, I'd have covered the floor with a throw rug 'til the holidays were over. Pulling the terlet is very simple and straight forward. At least you didn't have two wax rings to deal with, (I hope!) as I did, until the project was completed correctly.

I hope all will go well for you.

Regards

Roger I hugged my toilet......

Reply to
roger

the solution is to get a floor sander and sand up all the floor and then work on the bare wood with the stain.... tben when its dry you put on poly.. to cover the dry stain....

Reply to
jim