Or, maybe your lies offended the cop. Or, maybe it was your record of traffic citations combined with your unabashed lying:

From: "Nathan J. Nagel" Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:05:25 -0400

"I've been wearing prescription glasses since fourth grade..."

From: Nathan Nagel Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 12:59:55 GMT

"I'm -2.5 on one eye and -2.25 on the other, can't see a bleedin' thing without my glasses."

From: "Nathan J. Nagel" Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 19:46:27 GMT

"FYI I just had a complete vision exam not 6 months ago and passed with flying colors."

-----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

No more problems for me here in NJ on one of my cars, a Mercedes diesel. Any diesels built before 1994 no longer have to go for inspection, which is where you get the windshield inspection sticker. They only check brakes and emissions via the onboard computer on any cars they inspect now, AFAIK. So, with no computer emissions to read out on those cars, they decided to just not bother anymore. And NJ did away with plate stickers long ago for all cars. So, no more stickers for me! Next time I'm in with my other car I have to ask them if you're supposed to just leave the last sticker in the windshield or remove it.

Reply to
trader4

I don't "purport," I am stating with 100% certainty that it happened. There was a sticker on that plate a few days earlier, and then it wasn't there. The only explanation that makes any sense is that someone took a razor blade or similar implement and removed it. Whether the thief was able to reuse it I obviously don't know.

Come up with a plausible explanation then.

But clearly I hadn't, having a current registration, proved by both my registration card and the police computer.

I do not know that. I do know that you are a consistent contrarian and bender of the truth.

Clearly you are unable to grasp that someone with naturally poor vision can have excellent vision with corrective lenses. For someone of your intellectual limitations that's understandable, however.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

-----

You are being contrary just for the sake of being contrary. Somebody might have scraped off his sticker just because they were pissed off at him, and wanted to cause him untraceable hassle. The girl's previous boyfriend would be a plausible candidate in that scenario, seeing as he was headed home from her house.

Reply to
aemeijers

Thanks for playing... In section 26708 the CVC specifically allows:

" (3) Signs, stickers, or other materials that are displayed in a seven-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield farthest removed from the driver, signs, stickers, or other materials that are displayed in a seven-inch square in the lower corner of the rear window farthest removed from the driver, or signs, stickers, or other materials that are displayed in a five-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield nearest the driver."

Reply to
John Haskey

Performance enhancing beverages help in so many ways!

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski