Dental floss

Sadly, weaponry WAS on my list.

Soft, insistent, invariable, maddening
Women? Well, 3 out 4 isn't bad.
On Mon, 12 May 2014 21:18:57 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson

In Chicago our aparment bathroom had separate faucets for hot and cold, and the hot was very hot, so I bought a mixer at the hardware store. Each end of it had an O-shaped rubber piece and the nozzle of each faucet could be put in one, and the output was in the middle.
But the faucets were pigeon-toed, not parallel, both pointing forwards. They were angled somewhat towards each other.
So I twisted them until they fit.
A few weeks later, the cold started to leak, under the sink. I put a bucket, but it was clear that would only work for a hour or two.
So I put a 12" box under the bucket, filled some surgical tubing with water, and turned it upside down to make a siphon into the toilet. It wasn't quite long enough so I put a big soda straw in the end of the tubing, and the rest of the soda straw under the seat, but above the bowl.
It was making noise, so I wrapped a washcloth around the pipe that was leaking and let it run to the bucket.
The plumber didn't come for about a month, no adjustments were made to the setup, and no water ever got on the floor. The siphon was self-regulating, speeding up when the leak speeded up (and the height of the water in the bucket was even higher than the end of the soda straw), and slowing down when it slowed down, (and the difference in height was less.)

Aren't safety pins the larval form of wire coat hangers? As in, you bring safety pins into your home, shortly you can't find them anyplace, and your closet ends up full of wire hangers.
On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 1:26:28 PM UTC-7, Robert Macy wrote:

Amazing! Very few people know the secret behind this phenomenon. You must be wired (pun intended) into this esoteric site.
HB
On 5/14/2014 6:51 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

I want to know what's the larval form of dental floss. Short piece of polyester that grow like tapeworms.
--
.
Christopher A. Young