Dental Bridge Adhesive?

My temporary dental bridge came out and I need to know what adhesive I can use to keep it in place until I see the dentist in about 4 weeks.

Duff

Reply to
Duff

If Ihad to wait 4 weeks to see my dentist, I'd be looking for a new dentist. As for adhesives, the ones used for dentures may be adequate for a cosmetic fix.

Reply to
Frank

I'd get another dentist. Four weeks is obscene.

Reply to
Boden

I'd call the dentist back and tell them you need an appt right away to have it recemented temporarily. There's really nothing that you can use as a temp fix. Denture adhesive won't hold it, and anything else, say things like super glue which are not for biological uses would be dangerous to you. Not to mention, that if they bond to the preparations and the dentist has to remove it, there's the risk of damaging the tooth prep or margin and thereby rendering your permanent bridge currently under fabrication useless and a new one will have to be made. I can pretty much guarantee that the dentist won't eat the lab costs for a new bridge if you ruin it's usefullness by using some form of glue on your teeth. That's the reason why they use the temp glue, it's easy to remove without damaging the underlying preparations. It's pretty quick to recement and reasonably common for it to let go prior to the final restoration being completed. The dentist should just say "pop on in at 'reasonable time' and I'll put it back in"

"Duff" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Stormlady

They do make an OTC adhesive for exactly that purpose. It is not permanent, but it will hold for a few days.

Reply to
Art Todesco

This has happened to me nearly every time I had restoration work done.

Call the dentist. They should squeeze you in within a day or two. You probably won't see the dentist; the assistant usually takes care of this. There should be no charge.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

I had a gold crown come off..was on a lengthy Winter vacation away from home..5 months I cleaned the crown thoroughly and the "stub" left inside, then applied superglue to the crown and re-applied. As my dentist does, I "bit down" on a stick for about 10-15 min til the adhesive set up. It held up fine for over 3 months til I got home & to the dentist. YMMV

Reply to
Rudy

Reply to
abdurrasheednasim

There's that one they advertise all the time. ???? That might be good only for a day or two, but what do I know.

Plus at the drugstore tehy sell temperary cement. I think that's what it's called. The druggest will know. I think you want one that is definitely temp. That will break when tugged on. The label will say. It's online too but I'd ask a real paharmacist.

Reply to
micky