Denatured Alcohol before Water-based Primer?

After sanding down the gloss of my kitchen cabinet, I vacuumed them. Next, I tried to clean them with tacky cloth. It didn't work very well. It doesn't pick up the sand dust in the open grain of my oak cabinets; I couldn't get to the nook and crankies with the sticky cloth; plus it seems to leave behind a sticky film. So, instead of tacky cloth, I tried to wipe the cabinets with mineral spirits and then quickly realize that wouldn't be good for my water-based primer. So, I switched to denatured alcohol. My question is, how long should I wait before applying the primer?
thx in advance
wendi wrote:

Let's see, you are putting on a water base primer and the thinner is? Water! So, you should have used a cloth dampened with water. The bit of moisture left behind won't make any difference but only slighly thin what you are applying. Nonetheless, the best procedure is to let the water dry (like 10 minutes at 70 degrees).
Gee you ask every question in the book. Well Alcohol is Water base REMOVER. Thinner doesnt affect it. A damp rag would have been best.
Thx Ransley. I'm experimenting with a lot of stuff. Unfortunately, the book doesn't tell you everything. Everything looks so easy in the book, in the seminar, on TV....... I tried to quit half way and asked my contractor to finish it off... And, he doesn't want to do it himself; but is willing to lend me his spray equipment. How lucky am I? :D