Delta tub/shower faucet

I recently moved into an older home (1988) and discovered that the hot water doesn't run in the tub/shower. It runs ok in the sink and also to the washer that is in that bathroom. I opened the faceplate and turned the little screws (on/off valve?) but no hot water. When I turn the knob all the way to hot it seems like its cutting the water off a little. Could the whole faucet be broken? Or am I overlooking something? I checked for additional shut-off valves down cellar and didn't see and additional ones other than the one I turned on for the hot water for the rest of the bathroom. I'd really like to avoid calling the plumber on this one if its something I might be able to troubleshoot. As always.......thanks for the input!
new england gal wrote:

Not broken. Probably a pressure balance valve inside is stuck due to corrosion. Can be repaired without wholesale replacement but needs some disassembly.
Go to Delta's site; they have good repair info: http://deltacom.deltafaucet.com/wps/portal
Jim
Thanks Jim!
I just replaced the seals inside my delta faucet, the faucets are pretty straight forward to work with, and you will have no problem with them, if you have a basic mechanical understanding, one thing that I would point out though, is that the replacement cartridge to fix a number of those faucets runs around 50 buck, while the seals are about 50cents I found this link very helpful in my case, not sure if you have the same faucet or not,
http://deltacom.deltafaucet.com/media/Product_Tech_Docs/Maint_Installation/25001to50000/39567_v1_4689.pdf
Dave

Thanks! That link was very helpful! One more question. I'm feeling pretty dumb about this question but here goes: When I was checking shutoffs in the cellar I closed the shutoff for the hot water line to the bathroom then opened it again. Now there is a leak coming from that knob. Not a big leak but about a drop now and then. Is there something I can do to fix this? I obviously shouldn't be monkeying around with plumbing but I didn't think that opening and closing that knob would hurt anything! Thanks in advance!
new england gal wrote:

There should be a hex nut on the shaft just past the handle. Tighten that nut a bit.
Jim