Delta Single lever kitchen faucet. spout "stiff" to swing.

Our Delta single lever kitchen sink faucet started dripping a little bit when shut off so I picked up a "full repair kit" and replaced the ball, seals and o-rings.

The faucet now shuts off completely, but I've noticed that the spout is quite a bit more difficult to move from side to side than it was before I replaced the o-rings. And yes, the replacement o-rings were the same size as what was in the faucet, though a bit flattened by years of use.

If hot water is running through the faucet the spout becomes much easier to move. (Like maybe the o-ring material gets softer when warm?)

Do y'all think the spout will start to move more easily in a few days or weeks?

Thanks guys,

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia

Was there a "lube" included in the kit? Did you lube the O-ring?

...thinking out loud...

Reply to
Oren

Beat me to it.

Reply to
Ron

No there wasn't, and I thought about but hesitated to put a bit of silicone grease on the o-rings since they are in contact with water that someone might drink or cook with.

I did check the inside of the cylindrical body which slips over the o-rings and it was quite clean and smooth.

I'm guessing that the new o-rings will take a set in a litttle while and things will return to pre-rebuild conditions.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia

The ring that holds the complete assembly might be too tight. Best thing to do is to call Delta customer service. They do a great job in helping out MLD

Reply to
MLD

And, me. I'm thinking a tube of water resistant silicone. I've seen that for other plumbing needs.

.

Beat me to it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

HD and such have grease made for potable water systems. The one time I used it, little plastic container, half ounce, three bucks. Pricey, yes, but it did seem to help. I was rebuilding mop sink faucets.

.

No there wasn't, and I thought about but hesitated to put a bit of silicone grease on the o-rings since they are in contact with water that someone might drink or cook with.

I did check the inside of the cylindrical body which slips over the o-rings and it was quite clean and smooth.

I'm guessing that the new o-rings will take a set in a litttle while and things will return to pre-rebuild conditions.

Jeff

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

In a pinch, try a little olive oil to see if that helps. Food grade, of course.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Had exactly this problem. Had lubed everything in sight. Finally threw in the sponge, so to speak, and replaced the sucker with a Moen, though I am partial to Delta faucets. Took old one apart, and found that water had gotten past the seals in question over the years (5) since installed, and caused corrosion. PITA.

73 /paul W3FIS
Reply to
deadgoose