Delta single handle faucet either hot or cold no warm

I have a single handle Delta faucet in my kitchen that dispenses water either all hot or all cold- no warm. I have replaced the springs and washers and the ball that attaches to the handle. Have I done something wrong in installation?
snipped-for-privacy@southernglove.com wrote:

Assuming it didn't do that before you changed the springs and "washers" (seals) I'd suggest that you make sure that the ball shaft is properly oriented with respect to the faucet and handle.
There's a flat on the ball shaft which the setscrew in the handle should tighten against. When the ball is properly oriented that flat should be facing you as you face the faucet.
Check that out first.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

is the pin in the body engaging the slot in the ball? I had something like this so long ago, pin fell out somehow..
vague memory of 20+ years ago
Yes, the pin in engaging the slot in the ball.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@southernglove.com wrote:

The smaller diameter ends of the springs fit inside the "hollow" ends of the seals. The essentially flat ends of the seals contact the ball.
HTH,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
On 2 Jul 2006 11:25:43 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@southernglove.com wrote:

Is this a plastic ball with a metal insert. Is the metal insert still there? Why that would give this symptom I have no idea, but I always wondered what would happen if the insert come out (seems it would give the opposite problem from yours if anything.)
Does the handle move smoothly all over, every position? Sometimes mine didn't but it would settle down after I moved it all over.
Unrelated story of my faucet: After quite a few good years, i had endless problems with my Delta -- it wouldn't stop dripping -- bought new kit, bought bigger kit, put in metal ball, called the company, they sent me a big kit, used that Would have replaced it but I like the looks of Delta but was unwilling to buy a second one. Eventualy hot dripped so fast, I had to turn off the hot water.
Finally, walking from HD to Walmart along the driveway grass, found an old Delta at the edge of the grass and some brush. Took it home and saw the sprayer and hose were missing. Mine didn't have one. Priced it on the web, 25 dollars or something. Went back the next day, found the sprayer and hose near where I found the faucet. Harder to see because it's not chrome. Installed the whole thing, works fine. What a system.
deltas have served us very well, excpt their shower wand, it was a piece of mexican trash

I think trash is a bit strong, but you're saying you had a Mexican who would move the wand over your body? What gender and how old?