Delta faucet screw

I have a delta single lever kitchen faucet that is leaking so I want to take it apart and replace some parts.

However the socket screw (hex) does not turn. I tried it with an allen wrench it will not move. Then I used a drill to go in reverse and now it stripped the corners.

Not sure what I should do. Should I drill into the screw and take it out with a screw extractor?

Thanks in advance,

MC

Reply to
miamicuse

You won't drill into it. Those screws are haaaaaard.

They get tight due to corrosion on the threads. Only way I've been able to free them up is with a torch to heat the handle.

You can remove the large ring nut and pull the handle and the inner ball right out.

Delta has a pretty good Support section:

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

At that point I would consider replacing it.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I second that. They're not _that_ expensive, and it'll probably never be right.

Reply to
CJT

Large ring nut will not come out either. So I have to replace it now that my plier has already stripped the finish of the large nut to the point of no return. Might as well get a new one.

Thanks,

MC

Reply to
miamicuse