Delta faucet screw

I have a delta single lever kitchen faucet that is leaking so I want to take it apart and replace some parts.
However the socket screw (hex) does not turn. I tried it with an allen wrench it will not move. Then I used a drill to go in reverse and now it stripped the corners.
Not sure what I should do. Should I drill into the screw and take it out with a screw extractor?
Thanks in advance,
MC
miamicuse wrote:

They get tight due to corrosion on the threads. Only way I've been able to free them up is with a torch to heat the handle.
You can remove the large ring nut and pull the handle and the inner ball right out.
Delta has a pretty good Support section: http://deltacom.deltafaucet.com/wps/portal
Jim
Large ring nut will not come out either. So I have to replace it now that my plier has already stripped the finish of the large nut to the point of no return. Might as well get a new one.
Thanks,
MC

miamicuse wrote:

At that point I would consider replacing it.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Joseph Meehan wrote: