Delta faucet

We have a Delta 2-handle faucet. All of a sudden, it started dripping. We found out that the cold water side was the culprit. We replaced the Stem Unit (RP1740) on the cold water side. The faucet still dripped. Then we put the NEW stem unit on the HOT water side and put the stem unit from the hot water side on the COLD water side and the cold water side still drips. Apparently the stem unit was not the problem.

We're confused as to what to do next. Right now, we've just turned off the water to the cold side to stop the dripping.

Does anyone know what could be causing the drip?

Thanks in advance, Debbie

Reply to
DebbieG

Email Delta. If it is one of their top lines it has a 30year warranty or something. I had a problem with the finish on 2 of them and they Fed Exed me a pair for free.

Reply to
Greg

Pull your stem again and underneath it you should find a rubber seat and spring. It lifts out and should be replaced. Sliding the replacement over the end of a ballpoint pen or pencil help with the replacement.

Reply to
Ken

Thank you. I don't know why I didn't think of going to their web site. I lurk around in this newsgroup and see so much information that I thought someone could help me ... and you did! They had the exact answer and it is no longer dripping.

Reply to
DebbieG

That's the exact answer we found on Delta's web site. Thank you for responding.

Reply to
DebbieG

You are welcome. I like chatting tech stuff as much as the next guy but sometimes you just need something you can "google"

Reply to
Greg