Delay switch

I am looking for some kind of "delay switch".. What I want is similar to arming/disarming the alarm: When I push the button it turns off my by itself for 5 min, after 5 min it will turns back on. Is there such a thing I can buy from home depot? radio shack??

Reply to
Zean Smith

Are you making a bomb and want to set it for a 5 minute get away?

Reply to
Jim & Lil

firm can custom make just about any relay you need.

Rich Garage Door Parts

Rich

Since you do not provide information there is little the group can do to point you in a good direction. I suggest you try Dalis Electronics, for an off delay timer.

Amps, volts, coil voltage and several other bits of information are needed to select a relay open or enclosed for the job.

Reply to
SQLit

...lol..if this is what you are making I wonder is a 5minute getaway plan is enough!!! I have seen timer switch at Homedepot made for bathroom fans and such. This switch has 4 buttons ( 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 mins..and so on). Can you use a switch like this?

D.

Reply to
Dave

Bascially I have this

I want to able to arm it when I go out.. that's how the delay switch idea comes in. yes, it's 100 Volt. less than 5 Amp.

Reply to
Zean Smith

I am looking for a 110V delay switch for my Rex elec guard dog

Home depot switch does the reverse, it connects while it's counting down, and it turns off when time is up. I need the other way. hmmmm...

Reply to
Zean Smith

According to Zean Smith :

You can use one of these switches powering a relay, and use the "normally closed" contacts to power the device. The timer energizes the relay which _disconnects_ the electrical guard dog, and when the timer times out, the relay drops out, the normally closed contacts reconnect, and it switches the unit on again.

Mechanical timer switches are about $15, and a suitable relay can be had from Radio Shack for $5-15. You'll need to put the assembly inside a box (a large square weatherproof electrical box should do).

Reply to
Chris Lewis

You can buy octal base ice cube relays from

they come in a variety of styles. there are two that would do what you want " integral time" or "off delay". These are pretty much what Chris Lewis is describing but rolled into one unit

Reply to
RBM