Delay switch

I am looking for some kind of "delay switch".. What I want is similar to arming/disarming the alarm: When I push the button it turns off my by itself for 5 min, after 5 min it will turns back on. Is there such a thing I can buy from home depot? radio shack??
Are you making a bomb and want to set it for a 5 minute get away?

...lol..if this is what you are making I wonder is a 5minute getaway plan is enough!!! I have seen timer switch at Homedepot made for bathroom fans and such. This switch has 4 buttons ( 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 mins..and so on). Can you use a switch like this?
D.

I am looking for a 110V delay switch for my Rex elec guard dog (http://www.spyequipmentguide.com/electronic-barking-security-dog.html ) Home depot switch does the reverse, it connects while it's counting down, and it turns off when time is up. I need the other way. hmmmm...

You can use one of these switches powering a relay, and use the "normally closed" contacts to power the device. The timer energizes the relay which _disconnects_ the electrical guard dog, and when the timer times out, the relay drops out, the normally closed contacts reconnect, and it switches the unit on again.
Mechanical timer switches are about $15, and a suitable relay can be had from Radio Shack for $5-15. You'll need to put the assembly inside a box (a large square weatherproof electrical box should do).
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
http://www.amperite.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid  This firm can custom make just about any relay you need.

itself
Since you do not provide information there is little the group can do to point you in a good direction. I suggest you try Dalis Electronics, for an off delay timer.
Amps, volts, coil voltage and several other bits of information are needed to select a relay open or enclosed for the job.
Bascially I have this http://www.spyequipmentguide.com/electronic-barking-security-dog.html
I want to able to arm it when I go out.. that's how the delay switch idea comes in. yes, it's 100 Volt. less than 5 Amp.

You can buy octal base ice cube relays from www.grainger.com they come in a variety of styles. there are two that would do what you want " integral time" or "off delay". These are pretty much what Chris Lewis is describing but rolled into one unit