dehumidifiers revisited

Page 2 of 2
I'm not sure why anyone would put a dehumidifier in their garage, as such. A garage can develop some considerable heat, and the dehumidifier has to try to work against that. The more the heat, the more humidity the air can hold. If I were doing it, I'd be putting a window unit in a garage window space, so that the heat could at least be removed to the outside. And the more the garage heat, the more the water that HAS been removed by the "dehumidifier" gets drawn right back into the ambient hot air in the garage. Refrigerators in garages often have to labor along a lot longer, too. They are trying to get rid of their heat by way of their coils, but the heat around them considerably slows that process down. But more effective ventilation may be in order. And I've got moth balls in my tool boxes in the garage to keep tools from rusting. Not here to argue with you about your choices, just reminding that I would make different ones.

Again, it's still heating season here (at least at night) and already the air is too humid.
Michael B wrote:

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

This is very true, best thing for any basement is more cold air returns.