Dehumidifier Woes

My dehumidifiers only seem to last one season. I have been through 2 or 3 of them in the past 3-4 years. They are drying a basement and run most of the time during the summer. When they are put in use in the following season, they don't work. (They are stored in a heated area.) The latest is a Samsung. I can hear the compressor buzzing but the air coming out is cold and no water comes through the hose into the sump. The humidity level in the room is almost 90%. The unit has been operating for about 12 hours now. What's wrong? This would simply seem like a run of bad luck but I'd like your comments. Can anyone suggest a brand and model that has an auto restart if the power fails and comes back on again? Thanks. Frank

Most of them are pretty cheesy. I'd suggest ventilating the basement instead. It'll save you a fortune over running a compressor 24x7x all summer.
On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 12:49:38 +0000, frank1492 wrote:

If you don't clean the coils, the coils get dirty and the thing works harder. Maintain your equipment and it will last quite awhile.

Franz Fripplfrappl