Dehumidifier problems

Hi all!
I have a Hampton Bay 40 Pint Dehumidifoer in our basement. It seems the compressor is not turning on at all.
The unit is 4 years old. The fan runs fine, the coils are clean, but not matter the setting, the compressor does not ever kick on. Any ideas on an easy fix or it it easier and cheaper to get a new one?
Thanks in advance!
Chris
SilverUnicorn wrote:

Hi,
*If* your unit has a frost gaurd, that is one thing that can fail open and prevent the compressor from running but the fan will still work.
Bad compressor, bad compressor start relay/overload are other possible trouble makers. If it is the compressor itself, they -usually- have a 5 year parts warranty. Check your warranty in the use&care guide.
Thank you Jeff, I will check that out.
Chris