Dehumidifier Compressor Turns On, but Coils Don't Get Cold Enough

So the coils don't form condensate and no moisture is extracted. I'd guess two possibilities: The refrigerant is low, or the compressor isn't working properly (though it does turn on and has the characteristic mild buzz.) I have two units that are like this, and neither is very old. What could be wrong, and would it be economically sensible to try to get them fixed? Help much appreciated! Frank

Reply to
frank1492

I thought the coils got hot as dehumidifiers heat up rooms, and no ice should form unless its cold, under maybe 68, or low on freon. Could a drip hose be clogged with mold.

Reply to
ransley

From what you're writing, it could be any of a bunch of problems. I've serviced dehum, though they aren't all that expensive. Maybe a small town refrigerator repair place can have a look at them for you?

Make some phone calls, you may be fortunate, and find a place that does dehum repair.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon