Dehumidifier

Does anyone know of a manufacture that has a pump built in for pumping the water outside a basement?

What they have at the home improvement centers have a garden hose hookup but it's only gravity.

Needed for 1920's house with dampness problems, no sump pump.

Reply to
The Wolf

You have a house without a sump pump, That is what you need. Its just a matter of time before something leaks and you have a swimming pool. Or buy a little pump for a dehumidifier .

Reply to
mark Ransley

Mount it up high on a shelf. If you can't get up high enough to do a gravity drain to the outside, drain it into a tank and put an sump pump (the short type, not the tall float type) into the tank to pump out the water once a day or so.

Reply to
Jimmy

If raising the dehumid up to ceiling height is not an option, get a tiny "condensate pump", like this:

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

I've never seen one. Maybe you can use something like a fish tank pump from the dehumidifier's bucket as it shouldn't produce *that* much water?

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

DELONGHI is one Smart Condensation Removal System drains three ways 1)Pumps water out of the room--great for situations when drain is above the unit

2)Drains continuously through a hose into a receptacle or sink 3)Collects in the unit s water tank search ebay
Spud

Check out WW Grainger manufacture TEEL I have a pump on my a/c condenser to pump it out of the house. Made by "little giant"

Check the head height before ya buy. (Distance that the water must be raised) A little more is always better than right on the money

Reply to
SQLit

Best bet is a floor drain or the sump. If those are not available, you can use a standard condensation pump available from any HVAC dealer.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

There is a company named Dri-Ease, or maybe Dry-Eze. Something like that. They make commercial dehums, adn some have the condensate pump option.

Any good heating and AC guy knows what a "condensate pump" is, and oughta be able to plumb one into a dehum. No big deal. Sounds like you got the dehum already.

If you have a laundry sink, put a couple slats over the sink and set the dehum over the sink.

Reply to
Stormin Mormonn

You the man, Ransley!

Reply to
Stormin Mormonn

Hadn't seen that model before. I wonder how high it can pump? I couldn't find any info with that information at the above site. :(

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

The Delonghi looks like a winner. I have some of their other products and they are slick!

Now the question becomes will the drain hose freeze of pumped outside?

According to the specs the Delonghi shuts off automatically if the tank is full. Anyone know if the pump shuts down for an obstruction? Freeze?

Reply to
The Wolf

Only when it's below freezing. :)

I would think just when no water was left in the bucket.

I did find it listed at a bunch of sites and most said "sold out for the seanon" until spring 2004. I did see it listed as available at the following link and looks to be pridced pretty good.

JFYI

Dan O.

Reply to
Dan O.