Degree Days calculator

May be of interest to some of you.
I recently did some calculating and comparison of my heating costs over the past couple of years. The proper way is to use degree days to get a comparison based on temperature, not on time. Mild winter = less fuel of course. This year we are close to normal, but ahead of last year, at least in New England
If you want to do this you can keep track from the weather report in the daily newspaper, but if you need historic data, it will be difficult. From a Google search I found www.degreedays.net You can choose a location near you and choose the time frame. You'll need a spreadsheet to import the data.

Oodles of info of every type (even Growing Degree Days) and history: http://www.wunderground.com /
Put in zip Click around and get lost in data data data Be sure to scroll pages to bottom. Lots of different types of charts and tables. note "Weather History for This Location" link.

Now I read your second post and you had already answered my question. Is your heat through large cast iron radiators.
Now I read your second post and you had already answered my question. Is your heat through large cast iron radiators.
Finned copper tubing baseboard.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Weatherunderground has some really nice calculators. They show historical info for the past day for whatever location you enter and than all you need to do is create a custom summary and specify the date range and it will tell you the details for that range including heating/cooling degree days, precip, wind etc. and a table of all of the observations used below.