Defrost drain blocked in fridge.

Recently there was excessive moisture inside on the on bottom of our 20+ year old Sears fridge. Initially attributed it to recent warmer more humid weather. However turned out that the defrost drain WAS blocked. And defrost was running down inside. Not looking forward to emptying at least the freezer compartment, undoing various screws and dismantling etc. was fortunately able to reach the end of the drain pipe which rest into a plastic container mounted on the coils on the back, without moving the fridge; and blow up it. Which dislodged the obstruction. Worked fine since. So just a tip that might work in some cases?
Recently there was excessive moisture inside on the on bottom of our 20+ year old Sears fridge. Initially attributed it to recent warmer more humid weather. However turned out that the defrost drain WAS blocked. And defrost was running down inside. Not looking forward to emptying at least the freezer compartment, undoing various screws and dismantling etc. was fortunately able to reach the end of the drain pipe which rest into a plastic container mounted on the coils on the back, without moving the fridge; and blow up it. Which dislodged the obstruction. Worked fine since. So just a tip that might work in some cases?

I have usually been successful cleaning them out by pushing something like a felxible wire down the hole. Maybe just some ice buildup?