Definition of finished

What is the definitiion of a finished basement ?? At which stage does unfinished become finished??
Hi, My local government thinks when it is over 75% done, it's considered finished. Lot of folks leave it there which won't increase tax. Like leaving the ceiling unfinished, bathroom not finished, etc. You can still use the space. Tony
snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com wrote:

One measure is construction valuation, e.g. $50/sq.ft. is finished. Other jurisdictions may just use the definition "habitable space" and use common-sense judgement. Is it storage, or a rec room?
Anyway, looks like you need a local code consult.
Ask the local tax assessor what the definition of finished is. I have found that it is the only definition that has any consistency to it.