Definition of a TROLL

In a recent message on this newsgroup someone asked what a troll is.
A troll can be someome who posts something outrageous or rediculous, simply to get people outraged or excited, or start a flame war on the group.
However, most of the time this word is used simply because someone does not like or agree with something that was said on a newsgroup, and this is their way of calling that person a LIAR or worse. In this case, the REAL troll is the person who calls someone a "troll". This word is often used and often over-used on Usenet and other public discussion groups.
Unless there is strong evidense that the original message was an attempt to incite others to argue, the best thing to do when someone posts a message calling someone a troll, is to add this person to your kill-file. This means to use your newsreader software's FILTER, and simply add this person to the filter, thus removing all of their messages in the future. The internet can be a friendly place, but in many cases, it's full of idiots who only want to pick a fight online, because they can not do it in real life.
If someone calls you or anyone else a troll. Filter them, and you will never see their messages again.

On the other hand, a troll could be considered someone who posted the above message and doesn't even know how to utilize a spell checker.....................
Just my two cents ............
Steve
BTW ......................... plonk .......... bye bye .........

Either way, the buck stops here:
http://i11.tinypic.com/2e3o3fr.jpg

Looks like a sure way to make a million.
Steve
Steve B wrote in message ...

above
LOL
Cheri
On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 17:57:47 -0600, usenet-services@_the_internet_.com

funny.
You're post fits your definition perfectly.
Look, you retards on this group are the biggest bunch of idiots. I mean, it's worse than gun control. I wouldn't trust any of you at a thousand meters with a staple gun, you are all so dangerous. I'd likely get my head blown off, while you are busy reciting the mantra for NRA "it's always loaded ...... mmmmm ....... it's always loaded ......... ........ mmmmmm"
If any of you half brained idiots can prove that I've ever written anything slightly less than serious and on topic (on this usenet group or any other usenet group) I'll ship you my computer postpaid, and never email or post again.
If you can't, then I'll expect a personal apology from each and every one of you who ever did me wrong. You know who you are, I can see you crawling under rocks out there. You can't fool me!
And, just to prove this isn't a troll post, I'll even sign it with my real name.
--

Jack Booted Kitten Stomper #13
You can\'t shout down a troll.

LOL! Like that one:-)