Defective Rain Gauge

I'm always worried about flooding after seeing all the floods on the tv news lately. Last week I went to Home Depot and bought one of those rain gauges that go on the lawn to measure water so we know when it's time to leave town after a flood comes.

I installed the rain gauge according to the instructions, but it's not working. It's been four days and there is no water in it. I suppose I better take it back and get a different one because this one dont work. I'm just glad it hasn't rained for a week or I'd have no way to know a flood was coming with this defective one. I just hope the store exchanges it. It's not the $8.99 I paid for it as much as my life and that of my family is at risk without knowing if a flood is coming.

Have any of you bought defective rain gauges?

Blondie

Reply to
blondie

wrote

Yes, barely a 1 on the Troll-O-Meter

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Blondie is a trollet, I wonder where Dagwood is? ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

The Daring Dufas wrote in news:iuhomi$qas$1 @dont-email.me:

This is the home repair group, not the wreck ...

Reply to
Han

Dagwood Bumstead was always trying to do home repairs so I think he's relevant to the newsgroup. :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Hmmm, You staked the gauge wrong. It won't work until you can do it proper. QUIT TROLLING.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Install it right next to your lawn sprinklers and turn them on. Go stand by the gage to make sure it is getting wet. Go back in the house and dry off, then wait an hour or so. Now turn off the sprinklers and check the gage. If there is no water in it take it back to the store for a refund. There, was't that easy?

Joe

Reply to
Joe