Deere 5301 PTO

How is the PTO clutch (not the clutch handle, rod, or lever) adjusted on JD 5301 PTO? In thick, but not tall, grass PTO shaft stops turning.

Reply to
Frank Thompson

I'll cross post this to alt.home.repair There are a lot more posters there. Do you mean a 5103?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Call your local Mr Green man--he's got all the manuals and I've yet to see one who won't let you look at them and make copies of pertinent pages, etc., ...

Reply to
dpb

Don't know about the Deere, but my simplicity is electronically activated. When my battery was dead or dieing because of my voltage regulator not working properly it would shut... if yours is similar check you electrical system.

Do you need to charge it???

Reply to
woodchucker

Can help...

Exploded drawings online. Last I looked not all service manuals are online unfortunately.

Doesn't seem to have changed...

Reply to
dpb

 clutch handle, rod, or lever) adjusted

The last PTO I had anything to do with (Not JD) was adjusted by tightening up a ring of bolts on the springs of a multiplate clutch. Similar to some motorcycles. Failed. The plates were oil contaminated & had to be replaced. Tried cleaning with petrol but that didn't work.

Reply to
harry
 There are a lot more

Yes... my apologies for typo.

Reply to
Frank Thompson

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 09:55:21 -0500, dpb wrote in Re Re: Deere 5301 PTO:

Very nice and useful link. Thanks.

Reply to
CRNG