Deep well sockets better than standard depth?

that'd be funny. if one of my buddies did that, i'd fall down laughing. ...thehick

Reply to
frank-in-toronto

IMHO it would be a tossup. Sometimes a deep socket can't be used because of space constraints; sometimes a deep socket is necessary. You have a 50-50 chance of having the wrong socket at some time or the other unless you own both. Then there's times only a box or open end wrench will do, or...

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

I see

Well i sure appreciate everyone opinion on this subject

It sounds like I should bite the bullet and just get BOTh types of tools. That this is not an "either/or" decision

Reply to
me

be a tossup.

it is a simple choice for me

3/8 ratchet = deep wall sockets for light duty if I was choosing an initial set to start with. If you're gonna really lean on it you'll want 1/2 drive and use deepwall only when needed \
Reply to
bumtracks