Dedicated Circuit: Is Junction Box Required?

Page 2 of 4

typed:

You constantly tell people to call their "code inforcement office" for answers to their electrical questions. I'm saying that there is no code inforcement office in my county or any neighboring counties. When licensed electricians do work, we have accounts with private ,certified electrical inspection companies.We hire them and they inspect our work. There is no governmental office that one can call for answers to electrical questions, and the private inspection companies are only going to tell a person to call a licensed electrician.

LOL... So there is no possible conflict of interest there at all...
You PAY a company to inspect, would you keep paying them if they failed your work... LOL...
Who randomly spot checks various types of installations to be sure that the codes are actually being interpreted and correctly applied...
Sounds to me you could shop around for an private inspection firm which is less strict than another...
Tell me which state/county this is in so I will never stay in any structure there, as they are not being inspected by an uninterested party like the government...
~~ Evan
typed:

LOL... So there is no possible conflict of interest there at all...
You PAY a company to inspect, would you keep paying them if they failed your work... LOL...
Who randomly spot checks various types of installations to be sure that the codes are actually being interpreted and correctly applied...
Sounds to me you could shop around for an private inspection firm which is less strict than another...
Tell me which state/county this is in so I will never stay in any structure there, as they are not being inspected by an uninterested party like the government...
~~ Evan
So you believe that somehow a government inspector is less likely to become corrupt than a private inspector? That's actually pretty funny, and very naive. The truth is up until a few years ago my area was inspected by one company, in fact the original electrical inspection company, in fact the same company that did electrical inspection for Thomas Edison. The company had no competition, could charge whatever they wanted, had complete autonomy, and went bankrupt after a hundred years due to corruption and mismanagement. The current system works much better for everyone concerned, but if you feel endangered by successful free enterprise, than feel free to not visit New York City and it's environs

Dude, get it through YOUR head that you have placed and are placing your safety for wiring inspections (is that all wiring including fire alarms, or does FDNY still have its own inspection people who verify those systems) in the hands of a PRIVATE BUSINESS who can and will keep many things about the way it works secret...
Obama has nothing to do with it and only a true nut-job themselves would make such a reference... Business is motivated by MONEY not by public safety... That fact that you can't see that definitely tells me that you can't see when you are being led around by the nose...
~~ Evan
In typed:

I suspect the problem there may be simply not knowing where the responsibility lies and the rest might be sort of educated guesses. He only mentioned county; nothing about town or state, for instance. I know it can be hard to figure out sometimes and it becomes important if it's an insured property.
HTH,
Twayne`

Evan Get a grip. He didn't say or even infer that the system he described is the only one to have. All he said is that it is what they have were he does business. I too have had to work with contract inspectors in several installations. What keeps them from playing fast and loose with the enforcement is a principal of tort law called harmful reliance. Since the contractor is paid by the customer the code enforcement contractor is actually working for the end user. When a firm entices anyone to rely on a product of service they provide and brings the person to harm they have created a cause of action at tort law. The risk that the firm offering a service or product undertakes is directly proportional to the potential harm and unlike a publicly employed inspector the contract firms cannot hide behind the states sovereign immunity. -- Tom Horne

And if govt is so superior to any possibly private inspection, how well did having the govt Dept of Interior be responsible for controlling how offshore oil wells are drilled safely? Didn't they approve a worst case oil containment plan that not only didn't work, but was full of obvious factual errors, including dealing with Walrus? Didn't they continue to let BP operate after they had racked up 700+ willful and eggregious safety violations in the last several years. The next worst major oil company had around 10 violations and then it tails off to just a few for the rest.
In typed:

What town/city/village/county/state do you live in? Perhaps I can help you with that.
It's folly to take advice from people that cannot see/experience your specific problem wthout knowing first what the specific requirements are. You won't get that here; you'll get advice and guesses. 99.99% of the country DOES have their own local offices, so whatever your problem is, and I think it's just not knowing where/who to call/write to, so the advice to check with them is excellent advice. Without information from the controlling authority, you cannot be expected to adhere to the code, even if all it says is to adhere to the NEC.
HTH,
Twayne`
Twayne wrote: ...

No, you're making unwarranted assumptions that just because there's something in place where you are or have been that means it's universal.
It isn't...there is no electrical or building code enforcement in the county outside the city-mandated 3-mile limit here, either...there is a requirement on sewage/water but that's the extent.
In typed:

Where specifically is that?
HTH,
Twayne`
In

So ... call a professional then. I hope the one you call has the proper license/background. Who then does the inspections?
replying to Twayne, GDogg23 wrote: I like the way you guys hijack the post so you can nitpick with each other. (Heavy sarcasm intended)
On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 7:44:05 AM UTC-4, GDogg23 wrote:

I like the way you waited 6 years to tell us what you like. Do you feel better now that you've gotten that off your chest?

Strong irony, albeit unintentional - in your posting here, GDogg, .. but somewhat weak sarcasm. John T
In typed:

By law, there has to be. It's a legal requirement, I'm afraid.
HTH,
Twayne`
typed:

I get it now. The world acording to Twayne

In typed:

Reality according to the law fits better. NO region exists that is not under some regulations. It also sounds like you have no idea about what the County requirements are. Where is this mythical city?
On 07/04/2010 09:18 AM, Twayne wrote:

I've used 3rd party inspectors as well, in DC and in NoVA. Some places have regular inspectors that are county employees, some don't. Some jurisdictions tell you to hire a 3rd party for huge projects but send out regular county inspectors for small ones.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

There are far fewer private inspectors now than there were in 2005-6. Most departments had to lay off inspectors and can't keep the ones they have busy. A lot of the time you have building code inspectors driving around running "tall grass" complaints..
Twayne wrote: ...

Cite? It certainly isn't federal law (or hasn't made itself known locally anyway) and see above for local situation here...