Decyphering AC Tons from model #

I have a RUUD UACB056JAS AC unit. I'm curious as to how many tons it is. Is there any way to decipher this from the model # or any of the other tech data on the info plate?

It was built in 1984, and yes I know I'm lucky it's still running LOL

TIA

Reply to
trader4

kBtu/hr

Model Number Identification U A L C - 024 RUUD REMOTE HIGH EFFICIENCY DESIGN SERIES COOLING CONDENSING (STANDARD) C = THIRD CAPACITY UNIT DESIGN 024 = 24,000 BTU/HR [7.03 kW]

Since 1 T (refrig) --> 12 kBtu/hr, this would be 4+ T nominal.

Reply to
dpb

but since they didm't make a56,000 btu unit, it is probable that the 5 is really a 3 and it's a three ton.Which, coincidentally, they did make.

Reply to
Eric Houkal

I noticed the 56 being an odd number as well--more than likely right that OP misread or mistyped the model number. Good catch. :)

Reply to
dpb

Thanks for the help guys. It most def Compressor RLA 32.2/30.8 LRA 180

42/41 Amps

Unit charge 93oz R22

Reply to
trader4

Then that would appear to be it. I'm sure if you either contact Ruud directly or a local dealer (which is what they may tell you to do) Monday morning they can confirm it.

It is an unusual size if so, but given the age and the lack of online data for older units at

I figured it possible even though saw the odd number as noted.

Reply to
dpb

Your system is four and a half tons.

Reply to
Al Moran

No one makes a four and a half ton unit....

Reply to
HeatMan

Whatever. 56,000 is four and a half tons.

Reply to
Al Moran

Al Moran wrote: ...

Actually, that would be 4-2/3 T (VBG) :) ...

Reply to
dpb

Okay.

I do some Rheem stuff. What would be a RAKA-037? Rheem calls it a 3 ton, even though the model says 37K Btu's.

Stick with harassing homeowners that think you know stuff.

Reply to
HeatMan