Decyphering AC Tons from model #

I have a RUUD UACB056JAS AC unit. I'm curious as to how many tons it is. Is there any way to decipher this from the model # or any of the other tech data on the info plate?
It was built in 1984, and yes I know I'm lucky it's still running LOL
TIA

Model Number Identification U A L C - 024 RUUD REMOTE HIGH EFFICIENCY DESIGN SERIES COOLING CONDENSING (STANDARD) C = THIRD CAPACITY UNIT DESIGN 024 = 24,000 BTU/HR [7.03 kW]
Since 1 T (refrig) --> 12 kBtu/hr, this would be 4+ T nominal.

is really a 3 and it's a three ton.Which, coincidentally, they did make.
Eric Houkal wrote:

I noticed the 56 being an odd number as well--more than likely right that OP misread or mistyped the model number. Good catch. :)
dpb wrote:

Thanks for the help guys. It most definitely is a UACB056JAS. I can read it clear as a bell right on the plate. And 56,000BTUs sounds about right. This house is about 3500 Sqft. The gas furnace part is 150,000BTUs, which RUUD actually had the sense to put right on the plate.
If any of the other ratings from the condenser would help confirm, it also says:
Compressor RLA 32.2/30.8 LRA 180
42/41 Amps
Unit charge 93oz R22

Then that would appear to be it. I'm sure if you either contact Ruud directly or a local dealer (which is what they may tell you to do) Monday morning they can confirm it.
It is an unusual size if so, but given the age and the lack of online data for older units at www.ruud.com, I figured it possible even though saw the odd number as noted.
On 2 Jul 2006 10:09:09 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Your system is four and a half tons.

No one makes a four and a half ton unit....
On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 14:22:12 -0400, "HeatMan"

Whatever. 56,000 is four and a half tons.
Al Moran wrote: ...

Actually, that would be 4-2/3 T (VBG) :) ...

Okay.
I do some Rheem stuff. What would be a RAKA-037? Rheem calls it a 3 ton, even though the model says 37K Btu's.
Stick with harassing homeowners that think you know stuff.