Dect 6.0 cordless phones with "do not disturb" feature

I recently came across a GE Dect 6.0 cordless phone with a "do not disturb" option - there is a button on the based which toggles the ringer off/on for all handsets. Unfortunately this particular phone has received consistently terrible reviews. Does anyone know of a phone system (three or more handsets) that is rated well and has this feature? Other phones I've seen can toggle the ringer, but it involves too many steps and is inconvenient for daily use.

Reply to
Victek

------------------------------------- PiaBowles I agree. I am looking for one also. it's the best. I received a Vitech phone for XMAS with 3 handset which I was looking for , however it does not have the dnd button. So i am back to the radioshack phone which I bought in 2006.

Reply to
pbowles

You can't just unplug the rj11 jack? Or do you still want to make outgoing calls while you aren't being disturbed?

(Not a fan of cordless phones. I don't make or get that many voice calls, and I don't wander around when I talk. All my phones are WE, old enough to vote, and there is one within ten steps everywhere in the house. I've never used a cordless that sounded as good as an old Ma Bell corded phone.)

Reply to
aemeijers

Almost all of these new cordless phones have an answering machine function included. I would assume that if you activated the DND feature, the answering machine would answer the call and take a message. Can't do that if you pull the plug.

I don't know of any with the DND feature. But when shopping, one thing I absolutely want is caller ID that announces who is calling via a voice. Very convenient. I know who is calling without even needing to find a handset.

Reply to
trader4

I'll get caller ID when they quit charging extra for it. I refuse to pay for data that is part of the call-handling stream anyway, and that they have to BLOCK to keep me from seeing it. (remember how they used to charge extra for touch-tone?)

Reply to
aemeijers

We use our cellphones for pretty much everything but I ported our house line to a VoIP service. I did that because I still wanted the old number in service and I have some rentals. I give that number to them. $6.95/month includes free incoming and every option possible including stuff like sending the voicemails as an email etc.

It also includes time of day features like the OP is looking for such as not ringing during defined hours.

Reply to
George

That is fine, if your broadband is more reliable than your copper pair to the Telco CO. Most places, that is not the case. My power can be out for a week, and my phone will still work. Almost never true for a VOIP connection over DSL or cable. I like redundancy- the thought of all my data flow being on the same pipe scares me. I have a roof antenna to back up the satt dish, I have dialup to back up the DSL (that is on a separate dry pair from the POTS), and I have a prepaid cell to back up the POTS line. Plus, if none of the above works, I have an antique laptop that does wi-fi and 2 cars to get to any nearby hot spots that are still working.

Reply to
aemeijers

responding to

ellymae wrote: Uniden Dect2180 offers the \"do not disturb feature.

Reply to
ellymae