Decorative Pipe Flanges

I've been searching all morning and have not found a solutions to this:

Our new basement rooms have several pipes (radiator piping, electrical conduit, etc) coming through the walls near the ceiling. The actual point of penetration is very difficult to finish in any attractive way. I would like to find some supplier of flanges that are: a) decorative (at least minimally), b) two-piece (we don't want to cut the pipes to put them on), and c) come in different sizes.

Anyone every heard of anything like this? Am I going to have to learn to make my own? Or do you have any other suggestions as to how to make this look nice?

As always, thanks in advance.

Reply to
Beartums

They are called F & C (Floor and Ceiling) plates. Chrome plated, either one-piece or "split" style with a hinge. All sizes.

Those are sheet metal. There is an even more attractive type (I think) which is made of ABS plastic with a chrome "plating". These plates *look* one-piece but are actually split on one side. Not hinged; being plastic, you can bend the thing to snap around the pipe.

You'll have to ask at a real plumbing supply counter; I doubt BigBox carries them.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

There are also "vintage" brass, etc., really fancy (read "expensive") ones although I've not seen them recently. I suspect something like that could be found online through the restoration-type specialty places...

It is possible (although somewhat a pita) to manufacture wooden ones w/ a suitable set of hole saws or a turned blank...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth