decorative concrete cover

I'm interesting in applying a decorative concrete cover to the front porch (by the main entry door). The type of cover I'm interested in is a colored small rock (maybe 1/8" diameter) mixed in a clear epoxy (?) and then applied to the concrete surface. I have a few questions about this type of treatment that I hope someone can help me with:

1) What category in the yellow pages will I look to find a supplier of such a covering?

2) By nature of their content the surface of these finishes is a little rough, are they easy to shovel snow in the winter?

3) How durable are these finishes, will they hold up over time?

4) What is the minimum thickness of these finishes?

5) Can these treatments be appplied to the riser of a step?

6) Can a DIYer get the supplies and do this job?

John Keith snipped-for-privacy@juno.com

Reply to
John Keith

G Henslee

Known as epoxy rock also.

G Henslee

diy , you know nothing,,,,,,

Reply to
m Ransley

You might want to take a look at Spreadrock by Daich Coatings.

I covered my 1950's yellow countertops, including front edge and backsplash with Flint Grey this Spring and did the backdoor step this week. Very happy with both results.

The material can be applied to vertical surfaces and 90 degree edges. Preparation of the surface is key.

The website has clear instructions, a photo gallery of posibilities, and dealer locater.

Reply to
cb

This is the stuff you're looking for

Rudy