Decomposed granite path - powered compactor or hand tamper?

I'm installing a stabilized (mixed-in) DG path, and need to compact it. I'm sure that a powered compactor is going to be easier and better, to a degre e. My question is: to what degree? I can rent a powered one but the problem is strictly logistical. It weighs 150 lbs, and I have no helper. So I eith er hire someone for the day to help me, or go with a hand tamper. On a smal l (200 sq. ft) job, would a hand damper be good enough? This sort of thing: http://tinyurl.com/handtamper .
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes:

I've done some tamping with both devices.
The machine is in an entirely separate class. I've had rock dust that was a lot like cement after the machine. I don't think you'll be happy with the hand tamper result.
Can you call a neighbor over to help load/unload? Someone will help at the rental center. Operating one of those things isn't that hard.
--
Dan Espen

Yeah that's what I'll do. I don't want to create a sub-optimal result because of the lack of one helper. I'll work it out. Thanks all for your advice.