Decks--Anyone used Trex Brasilia?

We want to replace the old decking on our deck with a composite decking. I never liked Trex but saw their new line, Brasilia, today and think it looks like something I wouldn't mind living with. Has anyone used it? If so, would you use it again? Did you have any problems with installation?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Reply to
JA

I only looked at the Brasilia because of your post, and it looks nice. I put on a fairly large (400 sq ft) Trex deck about five years ago, and it has behaved very much as advertised. We've left it to its natural gray and have not had a single problem. It's basically maintenance by garden hose, except on the shady side,where it picks up mildew, but that's easily removed. If the company says the Brasilia product will hold its color, then it looks very nice to me. Trex is a little flexy to work with, but you get used to that soon enough.

How do you remove the mildew from the Trex? (bleach, TSP?)

Banty

Reply to
Banty

I use water with about 1/8 vol of bleach, a few tbsp of tsp and some laundry detergent (keeps the liquid from beading up on the deck). I leave it for a few minutes, then sweep with an old broom before hosing off. It's pretty painless. I have one little corner where the mildew builds up. It gets thick enough that I can get most of it with a paint scraper, then do as above.