Decking vs patio opinion

We want to add a deck to the front of our cabin (a double wide) but due to health issues ='s no $$ I'm thinking that a patio is going to have to do for a good while. A year ago we were quoted $6500 just for a deck with no roof or screening.

The door is about 3' from ground level, the grade is about .75"/ ft and we wanted a 16' square area. I can get the appropriate fill and tamp it, sand, tamp and finish with pavers. Surround the area with PT 4x4's and add side walls for screening and a roof but the dang door has me flummoxed. It would be a real pain to have to open a house door and then another door to the patio, besides the incovenience of steps to get down to the patio area. If I attach the side walls to the house so that I can encapsulate the traffic area with screen I'll have to go through the code inspections, I believe. Do you folks have any suggestions for this issue? TIA, Chuck

Reply to
C & E